Directly tied to 3CTN’s goal of supporting the academic trial environment in Canada, 3CTN is setting out to create Clinical Trial Strategy Groups (CTSGs) to perform the following key responsibilities:
- Review the 3CTN academic trial Portfolio;
- Identify research gaps for the assigned disease area in the academic trial portfolio;
- Compensate for research gaps by proposing new clinical trial ideas;
- Review the trial portfolio to prioritize and balance active clinical trials;
- Assist with identifying funding opportunities for high priority clinical trials;
- Advocate for the 3CTN Network and Portfolio of trials.
To accomplish these important tasks, the CTSGs members must be positioned to advise on a particular disease type and the CTSG will be composed of researchers and experts from within this disease area. The CTSG will have representatives who cover a wide range of expertise.