Welcome to the 3CTN PPI Toolkit for Patient Representatives!
Whether you are brand new to the world of PPI, or a seasoned Patient Representative, we hope you find this page and the tools/links helpful for your PPI journey within 3CTN.
It has been demonstrated that the voice of the patient and the public can be influential in healthcare research and that including Patient Representatives strengthens accountability and transparency in such endeavors. Patient representatives can help to steer research in directions that answer questions that are important to patients and the public. Patient representatives can provide input to trial design and communication strategies that will make sense to patients. They often bring value-added personal and professional skills which can be very helpful to the work of a committee or project. Ultimately, Patient Representatives can truly embody the phrase “nothing about us without us”.
- Role of Patient Representatives in Research
- Breast Cancer Survivor and Advocate Editorial
- Cancer Research Advocacy: Past, Present and Future
- Understanding Clinical Trial Design: A Tutorial
- Canadian Cancer Action Network
- General Clinical Trial Information for Patients and the Public
- International Conference on Harmonization (ICH): Good Clinical Practice
- ICH GCP Regulations
- Clinical Trials and ICH GCP
- Declaration of Helsinki
- The Belmont Report
- NIH Training – Protecting Human Research Participants