Patient Representative Orientation Package
This is a complete guide for Patient Representatives, either seasoned or getting started with their role in 3CTN.
It has been demonstrated that the voice of the patient and the public can be influential in healthcare research and that including Patient Representatives strengthens accountability and transparency in such endeavors. Patient representatives can help to steer research in directions that answer questions that are important to patients and the public. Patient representatives can provide input to trial design and communication strategies that will make sense to patients. They often bring value-added personal and professional skills which can be very helpful to the work of a committee or project. Ultimately, Patient Representatives can truly embody the phrase “nothing about us without us”.
- Patient Representatives Orientation Toolkit:
- List of Commonly used Acronyms
- Role of Patient Representatives in Research
- Developing a model of a patient-group pathway to accessing cancer clinical trials in Canada
- Breast Cancer Survivor and Advocate Editorial
- Cancer Research Advocacy: Past, Present and Future
- Understanding Clinical Trial Design: A Tutorial